We have been collaborating with a team of national and international scientists from BP Koirala Institute of Medical Sciences (NP), University of Manchester (UK), Harvard university (US), University of Glasgow (UK) and Ghent University (BE) to develop an all-integrated nanophotonic chip to perform Optical Coherence Tomography for early detection of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.(CLICK HERE to go to the project page) In the context of this project, the institute calls application for following post-doctorate research associate (PDRA) positions for a period of 3 years. The positions have attractive salary (on par with international post-docs), benefits, and opportunity to work with the world leaders in the field.
Those who do not meet the requirements of a RA may also apply for an Internship position, to work alongside the RA, with an internship application processing fee of Rs. 500 duly deposited in our bank/eSewa account. CLICK HERE for internship application processing fee payment options.
- Design and Analysis Post-Doctorate Research Associate: The applicant must have a PhD (with a strong international publication record) in an area related to physics, engineering, technology or mathematics, and must have willingness to learn Photonics design, data processing and machine learning tools.
- Photonics Post-Doctorate Research Associate: The applicant must have a PhD in physics, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, biomedical engineering with expertise in waveguide theory, electromagnetism and optics.
- Biomedical Post-Doctorate Research Associate: The applicant must either have a MD in pathology, pulmonology, public health, community medicine, or related areas, or a PhD in biomedical engineering, public health, community medicine, diagnostics, pulmonology, human physiology, human anatomy or nursing.
The RA needs to be enthusiastic, committed, and able to work and communicate as an integral member of a highly multi-disciplinary, diverse and international team. It is necessary that the RA will have an aptitude to (i) learn, develop and communicate novel techniques related to optical laboratory, computation and statistical analysis, (ii) learn and use engineering design tools, mode solvers, Python and Matlab programming languages, and (iii) understand different aspects of public health and clinical implementation of the novel clinical techniques in context of Nepal and other developing countries. The RAs, though will focus on their particular research, are expected to collaborate and provide inputs to the entire research continuum from device physics, engineering design, clinical implementation, to public health and policy.
- Design and Analysis Post-Doctorate Research Associate will work closely with Photonics PDRA and Biomedical PDRA to design the photonics elements, measure the photonics elements (in-house or abroad) and analyse the data (such as 3-D OCT images) using various computaitonal techniques including machine learning techniques.
- Photonics Post-Doctorate Research Associate will be involved in the design of silicon nitride photonic integrated circuit for near-infrared light (~800 nm) and silicon-on-insulator photonic integrated circuit for telecom bands of infrared light (~1300 nm). In particular, the RA will design waveguide elements, waveguide interferometers, and dispersive waveguide structures such as Arrayed waveguide gratings using state-of-the-art design and simulation tools. The RA will also be involved in the fabrication and testing of the structures in the world-leading fabrication and characterization laboratories in the UK and Belgium. A significant testing will also be conducted in our Biophotonics lab.
- Biomedical Post-Doctorate Research Associate is responsible for ensuring biomedical, public health and societal aspects for clinical implementation of integrated OCT. In particular, the RA will analyze standard biomedical techniques such as bronchoscopy, catheterization and adapt the existing system so that it is compatible with the chip we are developing. The RA will also be involved in systems level design of the system ensuring its applicability in a typical remote health post in Nepal.
The vacancies are open until filled. Plesae apply as soon as possible with your detailed CV with publication record, research experience, cover letter and contact adress to email@example.com.
Open Internship Positions
We are also hiring enthusiastic college seniors and graduates as intern researcher in following areas.
- Optical Physics/ Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Public Health
- Android Application Development
- Sustainable Building
- Bio-hazardous Waste Management
- Aquaponic Farming
- Patent Searching and Writing
- Science and Technology, Education and Promotion
We are always seeking individuals interested in science and technology projects, and also individuals interested in the promotion of science and technology.
Please email us your CV with research experience and publication record at: firstname.lastname@example.org.